Thursday, January 13, 2011

My 30 Day Challenge

After writing my blog post last night, I made myself a 30 day challenge. For 30 days, I am going to exercise 3 days a week. It doesn't matter what days, what exercise or at even what time. I am just going to do it. Of course there had to be a 2 hour delay for school today, so I had to wait even longer to start my new challenge.

As soon as I got everybody off to where they needed to be, I tackled my VCR tape cabinet. It has been a long time since I have been in there. You should have seen the dust. It was scary. I must have gone through about 60 tapes to find what I wanted. As I was digging, I found 10 different exercise tapes. I laughed to myself and thought, "Man, if I had only stuck with these tapes. At this point, I would have had "Buns, Abs and Legs of Steel". I would be a great "Tae Bo boxer" because Billy Blanks would have taught me, and I would be one relaxed person because I would have known how to do "Pilates" and "Yoga" tapes. If only I had used them.

The tapes I found, that I know I did use (and used today) was my "Sweatin' to the Oldies with Richard Simmons". I use to have so much fun with those tapes. This is what I decided to start my challenge with. I put the tape in, listened to it start and immediately remembered how the tape went. I haven't done this tape in years. Before I knew it, I was sweatin' in my living room. I couldn't remember the ending of the tape though. As I was doing the monkey, twist and pony--I was praying it was coming to an end. I stuck with it though, all the way to the end. You gotta love Richard Simmons. He takes you through the exercise routine without you even knowing it. I can't wait until tomorrow. I already have a time blocked out just for Richard. Let's see how long I let Richard stay in my living room.

Until next time....

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment