Sunday, October 7, 2012

Choice? I think not!

It's been a long time. Almost 2 years ago, I started my weight loss journey blog. Here I am again, 50 pounds heavier than when I first started this blog.

Some would say, "Just give up! Be happy with who you are."

Others say, "You are just lazy. Try getting exercise and don't eat so much!"

I say, "People, it's not that easy! I do not choose to be unhealthy. Become educated."

Obesity is a disease. It's an addiction. It is the number one killer of Americans every year. If it was that easy to lose weight, the death rate would be a bit less, don't you think?

I have tried to lose weight in so many different ways. There isn't a diet out there I haven't tried. I will lose 30 pounds and gain back 50. I feel like a failure. It is the one thing in life I can not conquer. Trust me when I say, I don't enjoy being fat. I just want to be healthy.

I have decided to revamp my weight loss journey. I am getting older and unhealthier. I want to be around to see my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It is time for drastic measures. Stay tuned for more about my revamping.

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.
- Buddhist Saying



6 comments:

  1. Good morning Barb! I have been on this same journey all of my life. I don't know what to say but that just know your best friend from high school is thinking about you and mentally holding your hand on our walk.
    Angie D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! Thank means so much to me. It's going to be a long journey.

      Love you,
      Barb

      Delete
  2. hi Barbara,

    I too have been fighting, weight gain and lost. I was 4 pounds from my goal weight 2 years ago. I have gained about 40 pounds, since then. I continue to lose 2 ponds,then gain 4. Two steps ahead Four backwards,
    Janice\
    VVH COWORKER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you. :) Please keep following me. I need all the support I can get on this. It's going to be a long journey.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly how you feel!!!! I haven't been my ideal weight since joining the militay...I'm journeying as well and would be proud to walk along side you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come join me Rhonda. :) I would be honored to have you walk beside me. It could be a bumpy walk. :)

      Delete