Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"MY" Weight loss surgery journey

I want to emphasize on "MY" in the title of this blog entry. This is "MY" journey. All though many may feel the same feelings, or go through the same issues, or even have the same surgery--everybody is different. What works for one, may not work for the other. Through out my blog entries, I will be coming back to this subject. I just think it is important to remember.

When did you decide weight loss surgery was right for you?

I have been thinking about weight loss surgery for years. I went to a WLS seminar about 10+ years ago, but I just was not ready yet. I turned 40 this year, and it just hit me. I was ready to make the changes I needed to become healthy (Probably healthier than I have ever been). I went to another WLS seminar and just new this is what I needed to do, NOW! I need this tool to help me succeed.

When are you having your surgery?

This I do not know yet. I meet with Dr. Lederman on October 23, 2012  for my 1 to 1 consultation. We will discuss everything at this meeting. He will explain everything to me in depth and then we will decide from there.

Do you know what surgery you will be having?

Yes! This I can answer. I have decided to have the Gastric Bypass Surgery. The WebMD site defines Gastric Bypass as:
" In a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, only a small part of the stomach is used to create a new stomach pouch, roughly the size of an egg. The smaller stomach is connected directly to the middle portion of the small intestine (jejunum), bypassing the rest of the stomach and the upper portion of the small intestine (duodenum)." 
 
Where will you have the surgery done?
The surgery will be done in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. It is only a little over an hour from where I live.


Those are just a few questions I have the answers to so far. I am in the beginning stages. It is going to be a long journey. I hope at this time next year, this part will be a blur and I will be settling in with my new healthier body.

Until next time.....

"You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight."
-Jim Rohn




 

No comments:

Post a Comment