Thursday, October 11, 2012

How Much?

I have been thinking about how much I need to lose (the big picture). I was able to find this horrible amount by looking at those lovely ideal weight calculators (Try it out). Of course, when I found out I had to lose 150 pounds, I searched for a new calculator because I figured their calculations were wrong. Would you believe they all said the same thing?

Here is a list of some amazing facts:

  • One pound of fat is equal to about 3500 calories. 
  • I have to do enough cardio exercise to burn 525,000 calories if I want to lose 150 pounds. Phew! That's a whole lot of exercise.
  • 150lb person (yep, I have to lose a whole person) burns 429 calories doing 1 hour of vigorous exercise. Again I say, "That's a whole lot of exercise!!!!".







“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
Confucius




No comments:

Post a Comment